Carle at the Fields
Work under the oversight of the Treasury Manager to manage Carle’s capital process; support tax exempt bond compliance and bond finance activities; prepare pro forma analyses; support merchant card services and other banking activities; and support other departments at Carle with Treasury reporting needs.
Bachelors Related Field
Certification & Licensure Requirements
One (1) Accounting or One (1) Finance
Strong interpersonal skills both written and oral, Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed, Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment and work into a position to initiate and champion change.
- Review capital expenditure invoice coding for accuracy and review accounting entries, correcting as necessary prior to posting
- Maintain Requisition, AP and PO information for capital tracking software (StrataJazz) to enable issuance of accurate month-end capital reports, ad hoc reports upon request, and capital updates upon request of CFO or COO
- Work with owners of various capital projects to determine when completed assets are in use for capitalization purposes
- Review capital proposals in database (StrataJazz) for completion and accuracy, and work with authors to help ensure proposals are complete and well written. Upon approval, move proposals through review process and budget in capital tracking software (StrataJazz)
- Review discretionary capital budget submissions for accuracy and compile reporting by executive for administrative review
- Work with facilities to help correct errors, maintain listing of current projects, update Activity Coding documents for current open capital projects, etc. Update reports issued prior to Capital Review and Facilities Review Committee meetings
- Work under the oversight of Treasury Manager to support tax exempt bond compliance and bond finance activities
- When applicable (i.e., project funds are available), compile monthly written bond requests and make certain all supporting documentation is obtained prior to submission for reimbursement and determine building and cost center for each expenditure
- Prepare pro forma analyses as assigned by Treasury Manager
- Review occupied square footage with Directors / Managers annually prior to budgeting internal rent for upcoming budget year and work with Facilities to ensure square footage utilization is updated timely
- Track project costs for Capitalized Interest calculation(s)
- Help maintain private business use files
- Provide additional support as needed for bond issuance activities
- File project invoices for those projects subject to a Certificate of Need (CON) as provided by Vice President of Facilities to have available for future reference and for CON audits in support of the CON regulatory process
- Assist with Transfer log analysis for Regional Outreach Department
- Various banking, investment, and debt projects and financial pro formas as identified by Treasury Manager.
- Assist Treasury Manager with preparation of Management’s Discussion & Analysis on a quarterly basis; provide support as needed for equipment lease management activities; assist with obtaining support (AP, JE, etc.) needed to answer questions regarding monthly financial statements by performing entry research; assist with various surveys as needed (e.g. AHA, Census); and provide support as needed for Five Year Forecast updates.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Link to Position Application: Apply Now
Posted on 12/12/18
Carle Foundation Hospital
The Accounts Receivable Representative 3 is proficient in Accounts Receivable Representative 2 responsibilities. In addition, serves as an expert resource for escalated account activities for multiple payer product lines. Represents Carle in external accounts receivable efforts (examples: court appearances, fair hearings, meetings with employers and insurance companies). Assists with mentoring, training and observing staff for quality assurance. Assists with creating training materials and process flows. Participates in projects. Involved in system testing and development. Builds and analyzes management summary reports. Serves as a liaison with third party vendors assisting with collection of accounts receivable.
Associate’s degree required.
Certification & Licensure Requirements
CLEF/Front Line Leader certification may be required at Manager’s discretion. Notary certification may be required.
Two (2) years’ experience in health care with focus in healthcare business office operations and customer service required or a high performer as an Accounts Receivable Representative 2. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Visio and receivables management system.
Possesses the “other knowledge and skills” of the Accounts Receivable Representative 2. Additionally, requires strong listening and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions of Accounts Receivable Representative 2.
- Assists with developing policies and procedures, training materials and process flows including those related to system upgrades to ensure optimal performance.
- Mentors, trains observes and educates staff to ensure quality and optimal staff performance.
- Facilitates maximization of revenue by ensuring that payer specific requirements are applied appropriately and claims are appealed as necessary.
- Assists with daily department flow; ensures appropriate staffing and optimal productivity levels.
- Handles escalated patient, provider and third party issues.
- Monitors dashboard for assigned payers. Analyzes AR and optimizes collection of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for system build, quality review and review of all user generated letters.
- Prepares and submits quarterly Medicare credit balance reports.
- Facilitates Medicare ADR, CERT and RAC audits as well as Compliance audits and Medicaid RAC audits.
- Acts as a liaison with external vendors and collection agencies.
- Assists in evaluation of billing opportunities related to new technology and/or services.
- Builds and analyzes management reports to identify patterns and trends and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in projects, system upgrades, process improvements and implementations.
- Conducts team meetings and provides direction to team members.
- Represents Carle in external venues such as court appearances, fair hearings, meeting with employers, attorneys, insurance companies, community events etc.